Monday, February 21, 2011

Aunt Dot


A few weeks ago we traveled to Price to visit my Aunt Dot and Uncle Perry. Perry is my mother's brother. Dot and Perry have been married 52 years. She is a retired elementary school teacher and he is a retired coal miner. They have four children. My mom and dad and Dot and Perry have been very good friends for many years and at one time Perry lived with us along with his two boys, Terry and Jerry - twins. I was so glad we went to visit them. Last week Dot suffered a stroke and is in the hospital just laying in a bed unable to communicate or reason. They are transporting her today down to a nursing home in Price, Pinnacle Nursing Facility. She now has a feeding tube and is in a drug induced sleep most of the time. I have visited her almost every day that she has been in the hospital in Provo and it has given me the opportunity to visit with Perry and many relatives that I have not seen for several weeks. When we visited her yesterday, Marti was with us and I told her that if I ever ended up in a situation like this just please unplug all the tubes and wires and let me go to that better place. Once in a while I listen to the Spirit and I'm so glad I did this time and paid that visit to my Aunt and Uncle.

No comments: