Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Greatest Job On Earth

How many can truly say they are employed outside of the home in the job they had wanted since they were in the seventh grade? I am one of those very fortunate people. I went into the office when I was in the Price Junior High School and took one slow look around and decided, yup - when I grow up I want to be a school secretary - and here I am fifty two years later - having fun at Sage Creek Elementary and getting paid for it! I've been at Sage Creek in one capacity or another for 25 years now.

I meet the most wonderful people everyday and I work for and with some of the greatest people you will ever meet in your lifetime. I work with people that are truly dedicated to their profession - they haven't chosen to work in this field for the money or the fame - they have chosen it because they love learning and want to instill this love of learning in others. I have been a secretary for the Department of Defense, a legal secretary, a secretary for the Bureau of Land Management, and a school secretary and I have never met such hard working, dedicated people as I have as a school secretary.

I love my life!

I tell my children to choose their professions wisely - make sure it is something you enjoy - their father spent the last fifteen years of his career dreading going to work most mornings. He now is a substitute teacher and loves working in the elementary schools.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

San, you make everyone around you feel loved and appreciated. You consistently "calm the storm" and create a positive atmosphere. You are one of the reasons that everyone else at Sage Creek loves their job. You are the best of the best